Aspirants of various bank exams, who wish to pursue a career in banking, are now required to be sufficiently adept at using computers. It is in this light that Computer Awareness-2021 edition serves as a reference book for the aspirants of exams such as IBPS/SBI, SSC and Railways and various other competitive exams.to prepare for the computer awareness paper of the exam. The book is not only useful for banking exam aspirants, but also for several other recruitment exams conducted by LIC-AAO, SSC and Railways which devote significant number of questions towards computer awareness. The students preparing for those exams can benefit greatly as well.
Beginning with a description on the history of computers, the handbook provides an introduction to computers and explains the various components that constitute it. It then explains the different software and hardware elements that constitute a computer and are responsible for its functioning. It also explains the Internet and computer networks and how to prevent and cure trojans, worms, and viruses. The last few chapters of the book explain Microsoft Office and its shortcuts, the different computer terms generally encountered, and questions and answers of the objective-type. Additionally, the book contains 1150 multiple choice questions in 35 practice sets.
INDEX OF CONTENT
- CHAPTER -1: HISTORY OF COMPUTERS
- CHAPTER -2: INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTERS
- CHAPTER -3: COMPONENTS OF A COMPUTER
- CHAPTER -4: HOW DOES A COMPUTER WORKS
- CHAPTER -5: MICROSOFT WINDOWS APPLICATION SOFTWARE
- CHAPTER -6: OPERATING SYSTEM SOFTWARE
- CHAPTER -7: COMPUTER LANGUAGES
- CHAPTER -8: INTERNET AND COMPUTER NETWORKS
- CHAPTER -9: PROTECTING AGAINST COMPUTER VIRUS, WORM, TROJANS
- CHAPTER -10 COMMUNICATION NETWORK IN BANKING
- CHAPTER -11: IMPORTANT TECHNOLOGY TERMS
- CHAPTER -12: MICROSOFT OFFICE APPLICATION SOFTWARE
- CHAPTER -13: MICROSOFT WINDOWS: SHORTCUT KEYS
- CHAPTER : GLOSSARY OF COMPUTER TERMINOLOGY
- CHAPTER : ABBREVIATIONS USED IN COMPUTERS
- CHAPTER : OBJECTIVE TYPE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Computer Awareness – 2021 edition book comprehensively covers the relevant topics cogent with various competitive exams. The study material in the book is lucid and precisely written, to enable better understanding of the topics covered.
About the Publishers
IBC Academy Publications is started by a veteran and Senior Banking Professional, who himself had cracked several Bank P.O. exams and publishes niche books for banking domain.
About the Author
N K Gupta, a senior ex-banker with over 28 years of working experience with SBI group and various Private sector Banks, is the author of several popular books on banking competitive exams. These Books are a result of a careful research and continuous updation over the time.